Help & Contact
This web site is operated by Thomas Cook Airlines Limited. Thomas Cook Airlines Ltd is the airline/carrier which supplies the majority of flight seats and services sold via this web site. When you make a flight booking via this website, your payment will be processed by Thomas Cook Airlines Limited, but your contract will be with either Thomas Cook Airlines Limited or with our affiliated tour operator company, Thomas Cook Tour Operations Limited.
This is because:
- If your booking only consists of flights operated by Thomas Cook Airlines Limited, your contract will be with Thomas Cook Airlines Limited.
- If your booking includes a flight with an airline that is not Thomas Cook Airlines Limited (including, but not limited to Condor Flugdienst GmbH, Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia A/S, Thomas Cook Airlines Balearics, S.L.U.), your contract will be with Thomas Cook Tour Operations Limited.
Personal data collected via this website is collected by Thomas Cook Airlines Limited and Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia A/S trading as Airshoppen (“Airshoppen”). Thomas Cook Airlines Limited and Airshoppen understand and respect the importance of your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information from you when you use this site, how that data will be used, the conditions under which it may be disclosed to others and how it is kept secure.
This policy may change from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy was last updated in November 2017.
Who We Are
Thomas Cook Airlines Limited (Company no. 02012379) and Thomas Cook Airlines Scandanavia A/S trading as Airshoppen (Company no. 13896909 reg. in Denmark) (“Airshoppen”) are the data controllers in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that Thomas Cook Airlines Limited and Airshoppen decides why and how your personal information is processed.
Where this policy refers to “we”, “our” or “us” below, unless it mentions otherwise, it’s referring to the particular company that is the controller of your personal information.
What Information Do We Collect About You?
When you use this web site, the following data may be collected and processed:
Personal information you give to us: This is information about you that you give to us by entering information via our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise and may be required or is provided entirely voluntarily. The information you give us includes your name, address, email address and phone number and includes:
- Information that you provide in order to make a travel booking or to purchase any other services via this site which includes passenger title, full name, date of birth, email address, which passenger is the main contact, home address, mobile number, telephone number (optional), marketing preferences and bank details;
- Information you provide us with so that we can arrange special assistance for you & make your journey comfortable this includes, health and medical information, assistance requirements, details of allergies;
- Information that you provide to make a purchase from our online duty free shop, Airshoppen, which is operated by one of our affiliated companies – Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia A/S. Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia A/S is a Danish subsidiary company within the Thomas Cook group of companies. Information includes your name, payment card details and email address;
- Information you provide in order to enter a competition or promotion via this site, complete a survey, or if you report a problem with this site which can include your name, postal address, holiday preferences, telephone number and email address and sometimes your booking reference;
- Information you provide if we ask you for your contact details for future marketing use, although you have the option to opt-out of such use which includes your name and email address;
- Details of transactions you carry out through this site and of the fulfilment of your bookings/purchases which includes your payment card details and your email address;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email address, information provided in the email or other correspondence.
How We Use Your Data
The legal bases applicable to our processing of the Data are as follows:
A. Necessary for the performance of a contract
- It is necessary for the performance of the contract with you or to take steps to enter into it. This includes:
- To supply you with, or to arrange for you to be supplied with, the flight seats or other services/products that you purchase via this site;
- To notify you about changes to your booking or changes to the flights or other services/products made available via this site;
B. Legitimate interests
It is necessary for our legitimate interests. This includes:
- To ensure that content from this site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- For our internal purposes, such as quality control, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of our site so that we can provide your with enhanced services;
To allow you to participate in interactive features of this site when you choose to do so:
- If we change our legal entity, merge, enter into a joint venture or sell all or part of our assets, we may sell or transfer your personal data to the relevant entity;
- Contacting you to ask you to participate in customer satisfaction surveys and market research (by email or phone) and to undertake and analyse those surveys and research.
We may use and process your personal information where you have consented for us to do so. This includes to provide you with information and offers that may be of interest you. Your data will only be used for marketing purposes via email, web/online, post or SMS if you have opted-in to such use or if you have made a booking or purchase via this web site, have not opted-out of marketing at the time of the booking/purchase and the offers or information sent to you concern similar services/goods to those you have purchased. We will not pass your data to third parties outside of the Thomas Cook group for marketing purposes.
IP addresses and use of ‘cookies’ and other analytics tools
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about users' browsing actions and patterns, and other than the IP address does not identify any individual.
We may use your information to provide you with marketing information that you request or that we feel may interest you by post, targeted advertising through social media and platforms operated by other companies.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by email with information about products and services which are similar to those we have previously provided to you, unless you have indicated that you do not want to hear from us.
We may use and process your personal information where we have supplied you (or continue to supply you) with any products, where we have arranged for the supply of another company’s products or services to you, or where you are in discussions with us about any new product or service. We will use this information in connection with the contract for the supply of products or services when it is needed to carry out that contract or for you to enter into it. Please see “What Information Do We Collect About You” above for details of the types of personal information we process for these purposes.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in any of these ways at any time. Please see “Withdrawing your consent” for further details.
Objecting to our use of your personal information and automated decisions made about you
You have the right to request that your personal data is not used for marketing purposes. As stated above, you will be informed (before collecting your data) if it is intended to use your data for such purposes.
Withdrawing your consent
Even if you have initially agreed that your data can be used for marketing purposes you can subsequently exercise the right to unsubscribe from such use at any time by writing to: The Data Management Department, Customer Knowledge, Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomas Cook, Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ.
Please note that if you wish to be removed from the Airshoppen marketing database, you will need to write to The Data Management Department, Customer Knowledge, Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomas Cook, Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ and state within your request that you wish to be removed from the Airshoppen marketing database.
Please also note that it is not possible for you to opt-out of receiving necessary operational/booking emails or mobile phone messages that provide you with essential information regarding your booking or purchase.
Where do we store your personal data and how do we keep your personal data secure?
The personal data collected from you when you make a booking or other purchase via this web site will be transferred to Thomas Cook Airlines Limited, Airshoppen, Thomas Cook Tour Operations Limited and in some cases to third party airlines and/or other suppliers, in order to provide you with the services/products you have purchased. This may require your personal data to be transferred to, and be processed and/or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") if the relevant supplier is located outside of the EEA. Countries outside of the EEA may not have the same level of privacy laws as exist in the UK and the rest of the EEA.
Security measures we put in place to protect your personal data
All information you provide to any Thomas Cook company is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where you have been given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although all reasonable steps are taken to protect your personal data, it is not possible to guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once your information has been received, strict procedures and security features areused to try to prevent accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised access.
Who do we share your information with?
When you make a booking via this web site, your personal data will be collected by Thomas Cook Airlines Limited.
Where you book a flight with a third party airline/carrier, your personal data will be passed to Thomas Cook Tour Operations Limited as the party with whom you are contracting and to the third party airline/carrier providing your flight (as applicable).
If you make a duty free purchase via Airshoppen, you will be providing some personal data to Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia A/S to enable that company to fulfil your purchase order.
In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your personal data for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or for any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Some countries will only permit travel if you provide advance passenger information. These requirements may differ dependent on your destination and you are advise to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate. We set out more information in section 13 below.
We may disclose your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organisations for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf. Such third parties may include [insert] or other third parties who provide services to us.
When we use third party service providers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
We may also be required to disclose your personal information to other relevant third parties (including, but not limited to the police) for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Credit/debit card payment processors
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where no required, after we have received your request.
A. Accessing your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information. We may in some circumstances levy a fee for providing access, and we will let you know what that is if appropriate.
Any subject access request must be made in writing to: Group Airlines Data Protection Officer, Thomas Cook Airlines Limited, Hangar 1, Western Maintenance Area, Runger Lane, Manchester Airport, M90 5FL.
Please note that if your booking is for a third party flight and your contract is with Thomas Cook Tour Operations Limited, your subject access request will be passed to the UK Compliance Manager of Thomas Cook Tour Operations Limited.
To enable us to trace any of your personal data that we may be holding, we may need to request further information from you, such as a booking reference number, a UK departure date and the names of other passengers on your booking. Where you require a copy of any of your personal data that is held by a third party airline, it will be necessary for you to make your request directly to the airline concerned as it is the relevant controller.
B. Complaining to the UK data protection regulator
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information. Please visit the ICO’s website for further details (www.ico.org.uk).
Links To Other Web Sites
Our site contains links to and from the websites of suppliers, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those third party websites. Please check their privacy policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Data transfers for regulatory purposes
1. Caricom API Data: Please note that some or all of the Caricom states listed below have entered into an agreement with the USA whereby advance passenger data, required by and provided to Caricom states for border security purposes, will be passed to the USA Department for Homeland Security for processing on behalf of those Caricom states listed as follows: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Surinam, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands. Collectively members or associate members of ‘Caricom’. The UK Information Commissioner’s Office has accepted that this will not breach the Data Protection Act.
2. US Secure Flight Data: The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires you to provide your full name, date of birth and gender for the purpose of watch list screening, under the authority of 49 U.S.C section 114, the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 and 49 C.F.R parts 1540 and 1560. You may also provide your Redress Number, if available. Failure to provide your full name, date of birth and gender may result in denial of transport or denial of authority to enter the boarding area. TSA may share information you provide with law enforcement or intelligence agencies or others under its published system of records notice. For more on TSA privacy policies, or to review the system of records notice and the privacy impact assessment, please see the TCA Web Site at www.tsa.gov.
3. Other countries may impose similar legal requirements which we must comply with in order to transport you and your party.
If you would like to contact us, please write to us at: The Data Management Department, Customer Knowledge, Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomas Cook, Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ