Who we are
When we launched our website in December 2004 we started with one goal, to offer seats to independent travellers. We want to give you the chance to fly with us to our many destinations without buying a package holiday.
In June 2014 we changed the name of our website to Thomascookairlines.com from flythomascook.com after over nine years in operation. This marks a new era in our journey as the best known name in travel and one of the most loved airlines in the UK. As we’ve grown, our product offering has grown with us and as a result decided to switch our website name to our company name. This was a new name but same airline and same great service and we are still dedicated to giving you the best possible experience when booking.
- New website: In December 2013 we became the first in the airline industry to offer a fully responsive site that enabled our customers to view and book on your phone, tablet or desktop. In November 2015 we launched our brand new website that offers an even wider selection of holiday destinations to choose from alongside our sister airlines.
- New aircraft: In December 2013 we welcomed the first of six brand ne thew Airbus A321 aircraft to our fleet, named Sunny Heart, and then five more A321 have joined us in summer 2014.
- New Premium Service: For Summer 2015 we launched our new Premium section complete with more legroom, extra comfort and Premium Class extras option.
- New routes: We launched new routes to the Caribbean from Manchester in November 2013, and announced more flights and new destinations from Stansted Airport in Summer 2014. In May 2014 we announced we would be flying to New York and Miami from Manchester in Summer 2015. For Winter 2014/15, we will be introducing long haul flights to Varadero in Cuba and Montego Bay in Jamaica from Manchester, making them available to you all year round.
- Awards: In 2016 we were delighted to receive some important awards that recognised our commitment to improving our services to you. These included winning 'Europe's Leading Charter Airline' at the World Travel Awards and coming top in the airline category at the Customer Service of the Year Awards.
- Plans for 2016: By Spring 2016 we will have 11 brand new A321 planes within our fleet, most of which will boast beautifully refurbished cabins. Our list of destinations we fly to will continue to grow,including our new direct route from Gatwick to Cape Town flying from December 2016.
Where we are going
We are the most recognisable name in travel and one of the biggest leisure airlines in the UK. With a fleet of 31 planes we fly from over 20 airports across the UK, carrying 6.7m passengers to over 60 destinations including North America, the Caribbean Sea and India, as well as resorts across Europe and ski destinations in winter. We have over 2,500 employees across ten UK bases, with our head offices based at Manchester Airport, dedicated to giving you the best possible service and experience.
As Thomas Cook Airlines UK we are part of Thomas Cook Group Airlines which also includes Condor (Germany), Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium and Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia.
What we offer
- In-flight meals: We have teamed up with chef James Martin to offer you a range of high quality meals at 36,000 feet. The menu features well-loved, traditional dishes, such as a breakfast of bacon and eggs, afternoon tea and roast chicken dinner. Signing up for a further two years, James will create more meals for us, with new dishes including BBQ maple chicken, beef and dumplings and chicken tandoori as well as a range of desserts and snacks. For those with special dietary requirements, a choice of original vegetarian options such as Ricotta Tortellini are available and Kids can enjoy – for half price! - one of James’ specially prepared meals, such as Bolognaise or Goujons.
- Booking: You can view and update your booking online at any time and our easy to use self-help section enables you to locate answers online without having to speak to anyone. If you do need to speak to someone we have a dedicated team of friendly staff just waiting to help.
- In-flight: Our primary aim to make your journey as enjoyable as possible, your holiday starts with us and it’s very important that you enjoy every moment of it, so sit back and enjoy what we have to offer. Everything to keep you entertained while on board our flights, whether you’re into the latest blockbuster movies, music or hit television shows*.
*not available on all flights