Kids & families
Passengers under 18 years travelling alone
This information is based on flights operated by Thomas Cook Airlines, other airlines policies may vary, please ask for details.
Travelling on their own
Children under 14 years old can't travel alone on flights with us.
Once you're 14 or older, you can travel unaccompanied on a flight-only booking with Thomas Cook Airlines UK. But we don't offer a chaperone service.
You'll also need an adult to come to the airport check-in desks with you.
Booking needs to be done over the phone by someone who's over 18. Call our Contact Centre on 01733 224 330, option 4, then 2, then 2.
And under 18s travelling alone can't use online check in.
- Young people can only fly on direct Thomas Cook Airlines flights.
- An adult must bring 14 and 15 year olds to the airport check-in desks - they'll need to wait 30 minutes after the flight departs.
- You'll need to register 14 and 15 year olds at least 48 hours before they fly. (We need name, address and number of whoever's dropping them off at check in and picking them up when they land, as well as a 24-hour emergency number.)
- We don't offer any dedicated help at the airport, during the flight, if there's a delay or any other issues.
- Entry requirements can be different for minors (for example, they may need to bring a birth certificate). You're responsible to check these.