Children are always welcome on board Thomas Cook Airlines' flights, but there are some things to remember to make sure safety standards are met during your journey.
We love having children onboard with us and we take their safety very seriously.
Infants under the age of two travelling on planes must be secured by either a loop belt on the lap of an adult or by a child safety seat provided by the passenger and secured in a separate seat.
When secured using a loop belt, your little one (accompanied by at least one adult) travels at a reduced rate.
If you would like to secure your infant in a child safety seat during the flight please note, you will be required to pay the child fare for your infant if they will be occupying a seat. The discounted infant rate is only applicable if the infant will be sitting on an adults lap throughout the flight.
You will need to provide your own child safety seat which must be approved for use on an aircraft. It should include a two-point belt and hold one of the following certifications:
- Child safety seats that have been licensed and appropriately coded by the relevant authorities of a given EU member state. For example, the FAA (aviation authority in the USA) or Transport Canada (on the basis of a national technical standard) for exclusive use in aircraft.
- Child safety seats that have been licensed according to the UN standard ECE R 44, -03 or a later version for use in motor vehicles and aircraft.
- Child safety seats that have been licensed pursuant to the Canadian standard CMVSS 213/213.1 for use in motor vehicles and aircraft.
- Child safety seats that have been licensed in accordance to the US American standard FMVSS no. 213 for use in motor vehicles and aircraft and have been manufactured in accordance with this standard on or after 26 February 1985. These US-licensed child safety seats must carry a sticker with the following text in red: 1) 'This child restraint system conforms to all applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards' and 2) 'This restraint is certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft.'
To ensure you sit as a family together, we recommend a seat reservation for all travellers. You may use child safety seats on all window seats, except for the emergency exit rows and the row in front of and behind the emergency exit row. If you are travelling with two infants, you can also book a window and a middle seat for the child safety seats.
All child safety seats must:
- Be forward-facing.
- No more than 17" in width.
- Have a 5-point quick release belt.
- Be secured to the aircraft seat by passing the 2-point aircraft seat belt through the frame of the child safety seat at the rear and not over the top.
Our cabin crews are allowed to decline child safety seats which do not meet our requirements or the allocated seat is not permitted for the usage. If that is the case, the child safety seat will be taken into the cargo hold free of charge.
In this case, infants will be secured by loop belts on an adults lap. A refund for the seat booking is not possible.