Medical equipment and oxygen
Some medical equipment can be brought on board, but you’ll need to make sure it complies with the applicable airlines restrictions. The following information is based on flights operated by Thomas Cook Airlines (TCX flight numbers).
Additional medical luggage allowance can be added free of charge for essential medical equipment. For this request to be actioned, we will need the following details of the device:
- Make and model
- Weight and dimensions (height width and depth),
- A doctors letter or certificate of authenticity must be carried by the passenger along with the device
Additional luggage allowance can be added for carriage of a Dialysis Machine on flights operated by Thomas Cook Airlines and this is free of charge. To request this, we need the following details:
- Make and model
- Weight and dimensions (height width and depth)
- A disclaimer form must be signed and returned to the Special Assistance Department
- You are permitted to take an amount of fluid on-board sufficient for your journey to your destination. You will need to arrange for additional fluid to be delivered directly to your hotel/accommodation
Thomas Cook Airlines have Crelling Harnesses (model 27) which can be used if requested in advance. These are available in three sizes: 27i age 3-5 years, 27a age 6-8 years and 27b age 9 - adult. Only one harness can be provided on any given flight.
You could also bring your own harness, this is also limited to one (in addition to the one provided by the airline).
Please note: If you require the use of a harness on a Condor aircraft (flight numbers starting DE or operated by DE) you will have to provide your own, which will need to be cleared for use.
Please let us know if you require use of a harness or intend to bring your own, as soon as possible through the Special Request form.
If you require the use of a harness you will be allocated a seat in the last row of the aircraft at no additional charge.
Medical baggage can be requested free of charge, either as additional hand baggage (up to a maximum of 5kg per passenger over and above the standard 6kg already allocated) or as hold baggage.
Please note: medical baggage is anything that is medically essential. This includes equipment, nutrient requirements or medication which is necessary to maintain vital functions and/or ensure mobility. E.g. colostomy equipment and artificial limbs.
If you have a specific question please send us your request.
Please note that there is no electric main socket so any device will need to be battery powered and fully charged prior to departure. The battery duration must be able to last 150% of the flight duration.
Additional oxygen information
If you need additional on board oxygen during your flight, we can help you out, providing your flight is under the duration of 5 hours.
The cost for additional oxygen on flights with Thomas Cook Airlines is £100 per flight.
Important information and regulations:
- Only one customer on a flight can use additional oxygen
- On our aircraft Oxygen is delivered via an on-demand nasal cannula
- We are currently able to provide Oxygen for children as young as 2 years old, providing they weigh at least 13kg
Requesting Additional Oxygen
- If you need oxygen for your flight then please request it from our Special Services Department using the Oxygen Request Form. They will then check the availability and provide you with a form in order to verify medical conditions, fitness to fly and your exact oxygen requirements.
- Once this form has been completed and returned by your doctor, the Special Services Department will contact you directly to take payment and provide you with confirmation.
Taking your own additional oxygen
Unfortunately we cannot allow customers to travel with their own filled oxygen cannisters.
If you have a specific question or would like to book to book or take your own FAA approved Oxygen Concentrator on a flight Thomas Cook Airlines, please send us your request.
We would recommend that if you are travelling within the next 5 days that you contact our Special Assistance team by way of telephone to discuss your requirements. We can’t be held responsible if you don’t tell us about special requirements that will affect your holiday experience. If you don’t tell us then we won’t compensate you.