Advance Passenger Information (API)
What is API?
Many of the destinations that we fly to require passport and travel information before you get there. This is called API (Advance Passenger Information) and is a way of making your travel plans as secure as possible. It’s a mandatory process that all airlines must provide to the relevant country authorities before their passengers travel on these specific routes. So if these details are not provided, a passenger will not be able to travel.
Countries that currently require API before you travel are:
- United States of America
- South Africa
- Thailand (no later than 75 hours before departure)
- Puerto Rico
- Cape Verde (no later than 10 days before travel)
If you’re travelling to Cape Verde you’ll need a visa and a passport that is valid for a minimum of six months after the date of travel. If you provide your Advanced Passenger Information 10 days or more before you travel the cost of the visa will be included in the flight booking. If this information is not provided more than 10 days before you travel, a visa will need to be arranged on arrival in Cape Verde which will cost an additional €25 per person to be paid in cash.
If your destination is not listed above, you will not be able to add your passport information to your booking before you travel, this will be taken at the airport, on the day of departure, if required.
What do I need to provide?
We'll need some or all of the following details from you to complete your API:
- full name (as it appears on your passport)
- date of birth
- your passport number
- your passport expiry date
- the country that issued your passport
- your country of residence
If you are travelling to the USA you'll also need to provide the following:
- the address of the accommodation of your first night’s stay at the destination
- Alien Registration Number (Green Card) US residency holders
- Traveler Redress Number if you have one (this enables travellers who have experienced problems entering the US to avoid future difficulties).
Can I fill in API at the airport?
You can submit your API on the day of your flight but allow for some extra time at check-in to do this.