- In economy class, adults and children between 2 and 12 years are allowed to bring one piece of hand baggage weighing up to 6 kg free of charge.
- Childs Trunki Cases are accepted as hand baggage as long as this is associated to a child travelling. This cannot exceed 6kg in weight. If the weight limit does exceed this, the Trunki will have to be checked into the hold. This will then be part of your hold baggage weight limit, excess baggage charges may apply.
- In premium class one piece of carry-on baggage weighing up to 10kg is free.
- The dimensions of your carry-on baggage may not exceed 55 x 40 x 20 cm.
- You may also bring a small handbag, a laptop/tablet including case, and an umbrella on board.
Our ground and cabin crew are obliged, for safety reasons, to stow non-permissible items of baggage in the hold with the other baggage. Should your hand baggage exceed the maximum permissible weight limit, we are entitled to charge you an extra fee for excess baggage. Excess baggage rates apply. Please bear in mind that items not suitable for transport in the hold such as cam-eras and valuables must be stored in carry-on baggage.
Excess hand baggage
Please note, at some UK airports a charge for a gate bag will now be applied. This means if you arrive at the boarding gate with more than one item of hand baggage (excluding airport shopping) the extra item/s will be taken and put into the hold. There is a fee of £65.00 per bag that will be charged. This is subject to change without notice.
*Babies under 2 years of age are not entitled to carry on hand baggage. Separate free baggage allowance provisions apply.
Travelling with an infant
If you are traveling with infants, you can additionally check a buggy, baby cot or car seat free of charge. Please be aware that infants are not entitled to bring their own cabin baggage but any infant milk or baby food can be carried within your own hand baggage allowance of 6kg. Please remember that this would need to be separated from your hand baggage when going through the security control. Milk/boiled water would need to be in a clear infant bottle and may need to be tasted. For full details about travelling with children click here.
You are allowed to take liquids, gels and pastes of 100mls or less in your hand baggage. These items need to be contained within a small, transparent re-sealable plastic bag, which will have to be removed from your hand baggage and x-rayed separately.
Plastic bags must not exceed the litre capacity per passenger – which is around half the size of a standard A4 piece of paper and it must be sealable. Carrying dangerous articles in the cabin or hold baggage is not permitted on board Thomas Cook Airlines flights. To find out what items are considered to be dangerous, click here.
- Water and other drinks, soups, syrups
- Creams, lotions and oils
- Sprays and gels
- Pastes, including toothpaste
- Contents of pressurised containers, including shaving foam, other foams and deodorant
- Liquid-solid mixtures
- Any other item of a similar consistency