Here at Thomas Cook we aim to ensure that your air travel experience will encompass, to the best of our abilities, the highest standard of quality and customer care. We have outlined below our 12 point Customer Service Plan, which is provided in accordance with the US Department of Transportation requirements, and is applicable to all Thomas Cook Scheduled flights to and from the USA.
Offering the lowest fare
We commit to providing you with the lowest fares possible through our websites and our Call Centres, however, we cannot guarantee that fares may not be offered at a reduced rate through other channels.
Allowing reservations to be cancelled without penalty
When you make a reservation through the Thomas Cook Call Centre, or purchase a ticket on thomascookairlines.com one week or more prior to your flight, we will allow you to cancel without penalty within 24 hours of booking.
Providing prompt Ticket refund
Thomas Cook will ensure that any refunds are processed in a timely manner. We commit to issuing the refund back to the original form of payment, following deduction of any administrative fees. Credit card refunds will be issued within 7 working days, and any other payments will be issued within 20 working days of the request being submitted.
Disclosing cancellation policies and aircraft configuration
Our website and Call Centre provide details of our services, policies and aircraft configuration to ensure that you have access to all the information you need, and we commit to ensuring that this information is kept up to date. To be specific the following will be made available:
- Aircraft seat map, including identification of toilets
- Fare rules that apply to your ticket and travel, including cancellation policies.
Notifying our customers of changes to their travel itineraries
Flight schedules may change due to unforeseen circumstances and we commit to ensuring that you will be contacted as soon as it is practical to do so with any revision to your itinerary. Our websites and Call Centres will also display all up to date schedules.
Notifying our customers of known delays, cancellations and diversions
We commit to providing you with an update on any known delays, cancellations and diversions within 30 minutes of Thomas Cook becoming aware of the change. These updates will be provided by any of the following means:
- SMS messages (if you have provided us with your mobile number when registering Advanced Passenger Information)
- Letters issued by our handling agents
- Check-in desk if known at this stage
- Notice boards at the airport
- The departure gate
- On our website
- Via our Call Centres.
Services provided to mitigate inconvenience resulting from flight cancellations and misconnections
In the event that your flight is delayed or cancelled we will commit to the following:
- Inform you, or your booking agent in advance of any flight cancellations where it is practical to do so
- Re-book you onto the next appropriate flight at no charge (cancellations only)
- Where you miss connecting flights as a result of a Thomas Cook delayed flight, and this forms part of the contractual agreement with Thomas Cook, we will transfer you onto the next available flight at no additional cost to you
- We will ensure that appropriate snacks/meals, accommodation and transport is provided where it is practical to do so
- We commit to providing you with regular updates
Properly accommodating passengers with disabilities and other special needs
Should you or any member of your party have special requirements, we will do our best to service these where they are reasonable, and it is practical to do so. Our staff are trained and mindful of the needs and requirements of our customers who need additional assistance, and will take all reasonable steps to do so. We commit to ensuring that our customers will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability. Below are examples of some of the additional services we can offer:
- Wheelchair assistance to the boarding gate, and pre-boarding
- Appropriate seating to your needs and that of a travelling companion if assistance is required
- Carriage of oxygen, or other medical supplies you may require during your flight, as long as these are in line with Thomas Cook Policy
- Carriage of guide dogs, or other animals that provide guiding support
Meeting customers’ essential needs during lengthy tarmac delays
Although rare, delays sometimes occur after customers have boarded the aircraft. In the event that this happens we commit to providing you with timely updates, and will ensure you have access to toilet facilities, water, food and medical assistance, where it is safe and practical to do so.
Handling passengers with fairness and consistency in the case of oversales
We do not deny boarding to a flight for the explicit reason of excess sales. However, due to administrative errors, this may occasionally arise. Where this is the case we will ask for volunteers initially and provide a compensatory incentive, which will be in the form of vouchers, and we will ensure that consideration is given to those with special needs, the elderly and families. If an insufficient number of volunteers cannot be found, then you may be denied boarding. In these circumstances we will provide you with travel arrangements on another flight, free of charge, and welfare arrangements appropriate to the length of any waiting time to your new flight. You will also be entitled to compensation. If you fail to check-in on time, or meet the contracted conditions of carriage, you may be denied boarding without compensation.
Delivering baggage on time
We make every effort to ensure that your luggage arrives at your destination. If, due to the failure of our suppliers, your luggage does not arrive we will commit to deliver this to you within 24 hours where it is practical to do so, as long as you have completed a PIR (Property Irregularity Report) form at the airport with our handling agents. We will also refund any reasonable out of pocket expenses, to cover for emergency supplies. Full details of our limits for lost/damaged/delayed baggage can be found in our conditions of carriage on http://www.thomascookairlines.com/TermsAndConditions.aspx . For an update on the status of any delayed baggage please contact: + 44 161 850 0136.
Ensuring responsiveness to customer complaints
We are dedicated to providing you with an excellent quality and standard of service. In the event that you are unhappy with any aspect of your experience with us we commit to the following:
- Acknowledge receipt of any enquiry within 30 days
- Respond to any enquiry, following a full investigation within 60 days of receipt
- Should you wish to contact us full details can be found at our customer relations page
- We aim to resolve enquiries quickly; however, if you remain unhappy with our response you may contact the US Department of Transportation on http://airconsumer.dot.gov .